Client Woes

General discussions

Moderator: Lavish Software Team

dwen
Non-Subscriber

Client Woes

Post by dwen » Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:53 am

I'd personally like to thank you folks for taking a very nice working product, and breaking the living shit out of it. I spent 2 hours today trying to connect 2 clients like I have thousands of times with the previously free version. I finally gave up and just ran two full versions of eq with much better sucess. I HIGHLY recomend that noone pay for any of this garbage. The level of incompitence of these people is astronomicaly.

In summary, 2 hours trying to connect on a system that is well crap but was fully capable of running 3 bot system with the old working eqwindows/eqplaynice system. Give up and run 2 FULL eq client (SONY) and able to actually do something. DO NOT GIVE THESE MORONS MONEY.

toptek
Non-Subscriber

NOT SURE WHT YOU DID WORNG

Post by toptek » Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:35 am

Ive been playing for days now with np with both WinEQ and eqplaynice .

ver 1.21 WinERQ AQND VER 1.14 EQPlayNICE . ITS Ether your system or something is set up very wrong im having no trouble at all . and im runin three PC with two acounts on each. had one reboot but thats not a problem aibd other mirror stuff but other wise i was in CT runin 6 toons for 24 hours NP at all .

post the log so it can fixxed or somone can give you and idea of wht might be wrong. :))) just a thought

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:26 am

Posts like this are always fun, because there's 8000 other people having no trouble at all getting it running. I also have no clue, dwen, what your trouble was because you gave no specific information -- such as an error message, WinEQ.log, etc. From here all I can assume is PEBCAK, and your post certainly points to that with all of the slinging....

Beefalo

Post by Beefalo » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:35 am

That post seemed like a much better idea than actually posting the problem and having it fixed. It's a bit hard to comprehend why you would take all of that time to register an account to post this, when that energy could just be used to make everything work fine and your blood pressure would be at a much safer level. Noone is trying to force you to use these products, and if you thought just normal everquest client was so great why did you bother trying to use these anyways?

I hope all of your EQ problems work out, if not I bet if you asked nicely they'd even forgive you and help you out here...

rasp
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by rasp » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:20 pm

I have just sent my 360day subscription. I have been using WinEQ for sometimes now with great success and I belive in supporting independent software developers like the guys (or the guy) in Lavish's.

And btw, Im looking forward the first release of "Inner Space" :twisted:

Cheers!
rasp