Some beginer questions considering subscribing.....

General discussions

Moderator: Lavish Software Team

Midian_necro
GamingTools Subscriber

Some beginer questions considering subscribing.....

Post by Midian_necro » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:35 pm

Hello there,

I am (going to be) a new user soon as my wife gets home with all my credit cards. Do you email me a zip file for the software? If not how is it delivered.

Also I am very interested in playing with 2-3 possibly 4 accounts up at same time. I notice from your screenshots that they are all layed next to each other. My question is how do i manipulate the mouse from one account to the other? is it possible to just use the mouse freely over all 4 accounts ( I am hoping but that would be too easy) or is there some kind of hotkey that u set to toggle through the accounts?

Another question, do you disable the crash messanger ie. when eq crashes it can send a message to sony Macroquest has a blocker for that was wondering if you do as well. Is your software compatible with macroquest at all ?

Thats about it. now in true newbie form I will go look and see if these questions have allready been addressed in the FAQ section.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:08 pm

1) The download is the same, you just log in through the license server as usual and it handles everything for you

2) Currently the mouse doesnt move between the windows automatically for you. Right now, you either use the task switching keys, or release the mouse manually to set the current focus. Many people seem to like tiling and assigning certain numpad keys to certain tiles (e.g. num 7 for upper left, 9 for upper right, 1 for lower left, 3 for lower right)

3) I don't disable the crash info box for this software, and it works fine with macroquest

Midian_necro
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Midian_necro » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:45 pm

ok subscribed today, paypal reciept # is 2345-4443-4803-6500 still not exactly sure how I get your software onto my computer. Do u mean that you have your own log in server that we hit and u send us out to Sony ? sorry I am not very computer savy, I had to have help getting my macroeq going although I did ok on eqwindows.

Anyway looking forward to makeing my own gates trial group ))

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:24 am

All you do is go to the product page for what you want to download (EQPlayNice or WinEQ) and hit the download link at the bottom. Install it and when you run it, you will get a Lavish Software login box. Log in and you'll then play EQ as normal. Have fun :)

Midian_necro
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Midian_necro » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:16 pm

Allrighty I am subscribed to the premium stuff that should allow me to play up to 4 accouints at once. Win EQ 1.16 appears in my system tray i think thats what ya call it the little blue bar at the bottom of the screen. I can get multiple instances of Eq log in page going, however, when I get one instance going the second instance appears right over the top of the first instance. I dont want this I want to be able to see both at the same time. Like in the promo pics. I played around with using scroll lock to release mouse from game then have the mouse over the game screen and right click to bring up a menu that allows me to move and resize etc

but.....

when I move one instance the other instances follow it over still on top of each other. What am I doing wrong ?

Midian_necro
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Midian_necro » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:35 pm

Ok now I got EQplay nice also in the syst. tray as well still having same problem

Midian_necro
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Midian_necro » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:05 pm

Pk played some around some more I now have 4 different profiles each cooresponding to a diff. 1/4 of the screen. I start the default (upper left) get the window going Fine, then I start second profile which in profile says upper right and instead of putting that tile in the upper right it puts it in the upper left. Not sure why that would be.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:04 pm

Last time I tested all of the tiling worked correctly. You can use auto-tile if you don't need specific profiles to be in a particular quarter also. I'll see if I can reproduce your problem.

Midian_necro
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Midian_necro » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:32 pm

I got it to work by setting up 4 diff profiles one for each quarter they still all started at the upper left but after i set the profiles I could move them to thier various corners without them popping back into upperleft.

Seem real cool had 3 accounts up and working ALL models onn all graphics turned up to highest most detailed level radeon 9800 Pro 128mb video Ram, 1 gig ram and 2.sumthing mhz process.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:25 am

With 1GB of RAM and 3 accounts with all models on, you're getting bad performance most likely. Turn on the memory indicator and check out the available system RAM, it will show 0/1024 (or 0/1023 possibly) -- and that's with just 2 with full settings. Each EQ session with full settings will use up to 600MB of memory quite easily. My recommendation if you want full settings is 600MB times the number of accounts, or 1.8GB (2GB) of RAM. With low settings (no models or just your race+horse) my recommendation is 300MB times the number of accounts, or 900MB (1GB) for 3, which is in your ballpark without upgrading.

The issues you will experience are a) performance degradation from memory being stored on disk instead of physical RAM, and b) missing textures

Either way, up to you on what you want to sacrifice between performance and visual settings :)

Midian_necro
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Midian_necro » Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:36 am

Ok still pretty new at this but I can run three games fine. It is hard for me to play effectivley though cause the hotkey to scroll through windows is a three key stroke. How can I get from instance to instance by just using one key?

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:22 am

ALL hotkeys are configurable. Right click on the tray icon and select Global Preferences, then find the Hotkeys tab

Midian_necro
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Midian_necro » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:19 pm

got it was awesome until patch now I can load the program do u patch your program everytime EQ patches thiers??

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:59 am

No. WinEQ doesnt need updates for patches, like ever.. and EQPlayNice will once in a while still break from patches. Our server sends patch info to EQPlayNice, but if EQPlayNice can't determine the version (as happened this patch), then EQPN is dead in the water and has to be updated