General discussions

Moderator: Lavish Software Team

Tondef2
Non-Subscriber

Dual Monitor Support /cheer!

Post by Tondef2 » Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:50 pm

:D :D :D :D :D

WOOT and CHEER!
This was something that I have wanted to see on EQ for a long time. Even just the ability to have a browser open on screen #2 would be great.

Thanks for more great work! :D

Eleven
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Eleven » Sun Jul 25, 2004 4:10 pm

Thanks! Yeah....it was all my idea :lol:
Eleven
Customer Support

krop
Non-Subscriber

Post by krop » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:57 am

Is nerfing something that is working with regular EQ and eqwindows and previous releases of winEQ your idea too ?

For whatever reason, a few complaining posts in the winEQ lite forum were deleted. All were about nerfed functionnalities in winEQ lite that are (obviously?) available in commercial release, that used to work in previous versions (1.00) and working with eqwindows.

What's the next step ?

---
Original post :

Until today, I was using winEQ v1.00 without any trouble of any sort and one EQ session in each of my screen.

Indeed, Sony solved this problem (launching EQ on a second monitor that was resulting in poor fps) a few weeks ago.

I had already indicated this in this thread : http://teqim.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=369

With my old 1.00 version, I now have the following message :
"WinEQ was unable to initialize at this time (-22). Please try again later"

So I downloaded the latest version, installed it and... the EQ session on the secondary monitor has now the poor FPS Everquest had before June, 9th.

Here's my question :

Is creating issues a way to force people to purchase the "pro" version ?
Indeed, it seems the "dual monitor support" is available in the pro version of winEQ only.

Only problem, it works perfectly with winEQ since my old post and also works with eqwindows.

Any explanation maybe ?

--- end original post ---

Note for Lax : deleting criticism posts is really not the better way to get people trust your work. Bring answers to people who have doubts on the "issues" created by winEQ instead.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:08 am

Posts that get deleted are generally ones that have "f this, f that, f you".

I was unaware that this was an issue, you could have reported a bug rather than this POS post.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:20 am

This will be fixed for you in 1.22. I will put it up Monday unless you have a compelling reason why I should put it up for you now given the nature of your posts.

krop
Non-Subscriber

Post by krop » Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:56 am

"This will be fixed for you in 1.22. I will put it up Monday unless you have a compelling reason why I should put it up for you now given the nature of your posts."

---
(edited)

Thanks.

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:35 am

If it isn't fixed please let me know, it should be fine in 1.30.