I used to 4 box with your software...

General discussions

Moderator: Lavish Software Team

loobusk
GamingTools Subscriber

I used to 4 box with your software...

Post by loobusk » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:27 pm

Hey, I had high hopes to coming back to EQ after a week break.
Before you went commercial, eqplaynice and eqw running, I could run 4 instances of EQ together. I got decent framerates and it was very playable.
Well after returning today I checked the site and although I was eager to be pro ;), I decided to make sure the new versions allows me to 4 box like before. I cant say for the PRO version but after using the LITE version of MMMOTOOLS, I can only run 3 instances at a time. When I select the 4th eqsession from the eqplaynice icon on my taskbar the window just shuts down. Is this an issue with the LITE version only? I want to make sure the PRO version does not have this same problem before making my purchase. Im positive that the version of eqplaynice right before 1.6? not sure around that worked with running 4 EQ windows.

Heres my system specs if itd be of any help:

P4 2.6 GHZ 800MHZ FSB
1024 MB PC 3200 DDR RAM
120GB SATA Seagate HDD
ATI-ALL-IN-WONDER Radeon 9800 PRO 128MB runnin Catalyst 4.7
Soundblaster Audigy 2
5000 kbps Cable connection
21" Viewsonic P225FB @ 1280X1024

When running 4 accounts:
First - 1280x1024, 2 luclin models , max texture, only mipmapping and precache disabled
Second - same as first, 1 luclin model.
Third - same as first, 1 luclin model.
Fourth - same as first, 1 luclin model.

id like to remind you that versions of eqplaynice prior to you having gone commerical allowed me to run these 4 simultaneously, very well. The foreground session would never fall below 26fps and on avg would hit the limit.

I'm really eager to try out the pro version if the above can run! Keep up the good work!

loobusk
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by loobusk » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:35 pm

bump

Schark
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by Schark » Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:39 am

Check out this post, might be the explanation for what you are experiencing.

http://www.lavishsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107