Post by kerosh » Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:23 pm

Lax wrote:Alpha stage is expected late august to early september
\o/

thanks for the answer =)
kerosh

Zatrekaz the Monk
Non-Subscriber

Post by Zatrekaz the Monk » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:55 pm

Could you possibaly compare Fury to A Parser such as EQWatcher?

Brother zatrekaz Nel'Keldora
Transcendent of Bertoxx

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:58 pm

A brief explanation from EQWatcher.com
EQWatcher will be replaced with a faster and more extensible product called Fury. Fury will use Lax/Blech as its parsing engine (which is based on EQWatcher's parsing engine), which is open source and found within MacroQuest 2 at http://macroquest.sourceforge.net. Fury will be much more C/C++ plugin-driven than EQWatcher, which will allow for a much wider range of information tracking, and abilities. For example, allowing spreadsheet-style tables for damage tracking the way you expect from offline log parsers. Fury also will be able to track multiple game sessions with much less effort than EQWatcher. Although the main system will be closed source, most plugins will be open source with full access to the program's features. This will allow Fury to be used for games other than EverQuest without my personal blessing.

Fury will be a commercial product, bundled with EQPlayNice and WinEQ in the MMOTools suite. Basic usage and features will be free, but with a MMOTools subscription you will be able to use full features.
Fury is basically going to be the next generation EQWatcher.

eqaussie
GamingTools Subscriber

Post by eqaussie » Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:04 pm

And it cant get here soon enough :)

<3 EQWatcher.

Really looking forward to what Fury brings to the game.

Markenheimer
GamingTools Subscriber

Just so you know

Post by Markenheimer » Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:00 am

Just so you know... I did a full year subscription based on Lax's reputation and excellent work on MQ2... which I a confident will translate to Fury.

I'm all a-tingle with anticipation.

Jugger
Non-Subscriber

Post by Jugger » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:56 pm

So.. we got a new release date on this?

I for one cant wait till it´s releaser.

/J

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:37 am

I apologize, Fury has been pushed back because lack of default functionality for games kind of inhibits its usefulness to most people. Once we complete EQ2 and WoW support for WinEQ 2.0 I would expect Fury to be the main focus.

dalenthorn
Non-Subscriber

Chiming in....

Post by dalenthorn » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:57 pm

Just wanted to add that I'm really looking forward to using Fury with EQ2, and I know my entire guild is interested as well. We currently use EQWatcher and love it, and can onlt imagine how much better Fury will be.

Dalo

mekibilis
Non-Subscriber

Post by mekibilis » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:59 am

YESS...

Emphasis on YESS.

I switched to EQ2 Sunday and the only thing pushing me back to EQ1 is the lack of speech from guildies and groups.. Really puts a damper on the game.

Even if you mod EQWatcher in the short term to read the EQ2 log file.. would be awesome..

You Rock !!

Redvard
Non-Subscriber

WoW version.

Post by Redvard » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:44 am

Ppppleease!

All I need to start off is BASE functionality for WoW. That means ability to read chat messages to TTS and enable/disable guild/group whatever. Heck even just something that was hard coded to read guild/group/whisper would be enough for me.

I keep missing chat messages because I am accustomed to the audible version.

Will this be something that watches the log files or something memory based? I actually LIKED that EQ-Watcher was file based because I could run it on a seperate computer and not waste memory space in my main computer and it also gave me convenient seperate volume controls.

Redvard

Lax
Owner

Post by Lax » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:57 am

Fury can take input from any source, but must be trained to do so. Unfortunately with WoW, there is no chat log written to disk. Therefore, in order to achieve the functionality you're looking for, it would have to actually hack into the game... which is not something that I plan on doing.

As it stands, without "Hacks", Fury would only work for EQ1 and EQ2, to the best of my knowledge. This is part of the reason it's not already out. I'm working on some new stuff though ;)

Redvard
Non-Subscriber

Post by Redvard » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:12 am

Pardon me...

Did you just say:

a) Fury for WoW would require some underhandedness so you won't be doing it.

b) You are working on getting working "somehow" and we can expect something coming?

I haven't been able to find anything that can do TTS for the chat in WoW yet. If you have it working, you get my subscription right away.

Redvard